No matter how much you conserve and even try to go without turning on your AC or gas, your monthly energy bills are out of control. If you feel like your home is leaking money, it might very well be. An energy inefficient home could have ineffective or deficient insulation, poor ducts, or even leaks that are sapping away your heating and cooling. The best way to identify and address these issues is through a comprehensive whole home energy audit.
What is an energy audit?
Many homes have energy inefficiencies for a variety of reasons, whether it’s just the age of the house, or previous contractors didn’t fix things right. Even seemingly minor issues, however, could be putting tremendous strain on your AC unit or furnace to keep up, costing you money every month and putting considerable wear-and-tear on your residence’s HVAC system.
What should I look for in a good home energy audit?
A good home energy audit is different from an AC or heating system tune-up. Rather, it inspects the entire system to make sure everything is functioning like it should. Here are some of the specific things that a home energy audit from Allbritten contains:
- An analysis of how your entire home interacts: A good home energy audit will test air flow in accordance with building science and what you have in your home. This full, detailed assessment will help the technician identify and pinpoint issues.
- A detailed inspection of your system: Allbritten, for instance, uses a 26-point inspection system, to make sure nothing gets left out of the picture. When our industry-trained technicians look over your home, they don’t want to leave any stone unturned.
- A roadmap for moving forward: We’ll sit down with you after the inspection to let you know what we’ve found, and how we’d like to address it. This will include upfront pricing, as well as what we project your energy savings might be with the fix.
- Options: Home improvements to increase energy efficiency can range from the quick and inexpensive to more significant renovations. Unlike most companies that perform home energy audits, Allbritten will help you try to find government grants or utility company incentives to offset the cost of the repairs.
- One company: Some companies farm out the work for renovations and repairs to other contractors. Not so with Allbritten. From start-to-finish, we do all of our work in-company, which saves you money, as well as the time and the hassle of having multiple contacts.
What are some other reasons to choose Allbritten?
One of our strongest values as a company is that we treat our employees with the respect and integrity they deserve, so that they do the same for you—the customer. Our technicians are trained to meet industry-leading standards, and undergo evaluation regularly. We pride ourselves on keeping up with the latest methods and information available in the HVAC industry.
If you’re ready to see how much you can save with a home energy audit, schedule your whole home energy audit with us. Or, give us a call at (559) 823-5146. We look forward to helping you!