Here are the steps we’re taking to protect you during the COVID-19 outbreak
Updated May 28, 2020
The COVID-19 outbreak has already had a profound human and economic impact on Fresno and the Central Valley, and our state has put emergency orders in place to help prevent and slow its spread. As an essential business, our team at Allbritten is standing by and ready to help with all your cooling, heating, and plumbing needs. However, we want you to know that we’re taking several precautionary measures to protect your home. In this article, we’ll review the COVID-19 outbreak, what we’re doing, and how you can help other Fresno businesses and people during this tough time.
Our team is taking necessary precautions
For both the protection of our team and your home, we want you to know that we’re taking all necessary precautions, in line with the up-to-the-minute recommendations from our city, state, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
Our team is:
- Undergoing a daily health screening to make sure our employees are ready to work.
- Following up with our customers to make sure you and your family are healthy and ready for us to arrive.
- Wearing protective masks while working around and inside your home.
- Regularly using hand sanitizer and sanitizing our tools and equipment.
- Practicing social distancing and maintaining a six-foot distance from others.
- Preventing the spread of germs by doing away with tablet signatures.
If you have any questions about the precautionary measures we’re taking in your home, please call us.
You’ve no doubt heard about COVID-19—also commonly known as “novel coronavirus”—by now. The virus has quickly spread in a number of U.S. communities, including here in Fresno. Having only recently jumped from animals to humans, COVID-19 is a “novel” disease. This means that no one has pre-existing immunity to it, making it incredibly easy to transmit to others.
There’s another reason for COVID-19’s incredible virality. Those infected often can have a asymptomatic incubation period of several days. In fact, some of those infected never develop symptoms at all! In total, around 80% of those who catch COVID-19 only have light-to-no symptoms. However, without social distancing and other precautionary measures, these asymptomatic carriers could quickly spread the disease to vulnerable people, including older people and those with compromised immune systems. It’s also worth noting that COVID-19 can be life-threatening and require hospitalization even in relatively healthy young people.
So, how can we all slow the spread of COVID-19 and help out our front-line first responders and medical personnel? First, we should all be following the latest guidelines from the CDC. Preventative measures include:
- Washing your hands: The best way to kill the virus is to wash your hands in warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Sanitizing surfaces: The virus can survive on surfaces for hours, so sanitize anything you touch after coming home from the grocery store. You should especially wipe down your phone.
- Wearing face protection: While a mask may not block out the virus from entering your system, it can prevent you from spreading it to others in the event you are a asymptomatic carrier. It also helps discourage you from touching your mouth, nose, or eyes while out in public.
Second, stay home if possible. Even if you still need to go to work, avoid other interactions in public spaces whenever possible. The virus is most often spread in groups of people within close proximity to one another.
As a final note, the guidelines and recommendations from our state and the CDC are subject to change. For the latest updates, please see the CDC’s website.
We’re here for you and your home
Here in the state of California, plumbers and HVAC technicians have been designated as essential services. Unfortunately, there’s no fixing a leaking pipe or repairing an air conditioner over a video call. This means that our techs and plumbers are still here for you and your home when you need us most.
During this crisis, our team is continuing to offer service throughout Fresno and the Central Valley. If your air conditioner stops working or your water heater fails, you can count on us to be there. To schedule fast, reliable service from Fresno’s trusted team, call us today.
During this crisis, think (and thank) local
Experts are not yet sure how long the COVID-19 crisis and social distancing measures will continue. Already, the outbreak has had a significant impact on local and small businesses of all kinds here in Fresno and the Central Valley. Please consider doing the following to support our local businesses through this tough time:
- Order takeout or delivery from local restaurants here in Fresno. If you are uncomfortable with ordering food at this time, consider buying gift cards to use at those restaurants after the crisis is over.
- When you shop online for essentials, gifts for care packages, and other products, please give some thought to shopping local. More than ever, our local businesses need your support.
- Be compassionate and embody being #FresnoStrong. A “thank you” to those working in grocery stores, restaurants, and in other essential businesses can really make someone’s day.
The entire team here at Allbritten would like to thank our local first responders, medical personnel, and everyone else working on the front lines of this outbreak. You are Fresno’s heroes!
On a final note, thank you for your business and support during this difficult time. We wish you and your family well moving forward, and continue to look forward to serving you and helping your home with its HVAC and plumbing needs.