For us at Allbritten, this has been a major change in focus that has changed how we view everything we do. With the current focus on saving energy in existing residential homes in our market and throughout California, we have chosen to focus on Energy Upgrades (also called Home Performance Contracting).
Energy Upgrades begin with a complete evaluation of the home. Our Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified advisors will evaluate the home as a whole- including the building envelope, wall and attic insulation, ductwork, heating and cooling systems, lighting, windows, appliances, and specific safety issues- and identify improvements that can result in maximum energy efficiency and safety. Making these upgrades or renovations will help lower utility bills, ensure uniform temperatures throughout the home, reduce allergens, result in fewer drafts, provide enhanced ventilation and provide a safe environment.
To break down the process, we will:
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment (as we include you, the homeowner, in the process)
- Return to our office to prepare a detailed report demonstrating the results and showing our recommendations
- Return to present our report to you, the homeowner, and sign the contract
- Complete the desired work
- Return to test the home again to guarantee our success in making the improvements
The rebates and credits allowable right now for these improvements are UNHEARD OF! We have, honestly, never seen savings this big. With all the ’big guns’ contributing to these rebates and credits, you simply can’t pass this up! Really, it’s amazing how little your final costs could be for these wonderful, energy efficiency improvements. You can save energy (which saves you money) and not fork out as much to pay for it all (saving you money, yet again!). How can you go wrong? Call us!